Situated at the very heart of one of the biggest ski areas in the world (the Three Valleys), the ski resort of Courchevel offers a wide variety of both winter and summer activities:
- skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, walking, Nordic walking, snowshoeing, quad on ice, torch-lit descents, skidoo trips, ice rink, sledging,
- maiden flights by helicopter and plane, hot air ballooning, paragliding,
- teepee evening, climbing, karting, local excursions,
- baroque trails, exhibitions, tour of Courchevel organised by the FACIM international cultural foundation (Savoie High Valleys, Land of Art and History),
- language and IT courses, cookery courses, films, library and more!
A few figures on the ski area:
- 528 hectares of mountain
- 150 km of downhill ski runs
- 62 ski lifts
- 27 green runs and 44 blue runs
- 38 red runs and 10 black runs
- 563 snow cannons
- 26 snow grooming machines
- 119 ski runs
- 66 km of cross-country ski runs
Courchevel's recreational areas and theme zones:
Courchevel has recreational areas and theme zones accessible to everyone.
Courchevel has set up 4 special areas for skiing beginners, also called ZEN("Zone d'Evolutions Novices"), with safe, well-maintained wide runs.
discover the 2 areas reserved for boardsports pros, specially designed by Courchevel for those who want to push back their limits:
- The Snowcross: a trail for races with friends (up to 4 participants)
- The Railpark: for those who want to test figures on rails and boxes
For fans of emergency stops:
Courchevel has developed an area specially designed for the foolhardy to test their capacities to brake and to make an emergency stop: discover the Stop Zone without delay!
For your children:
Courchevel has set up a special circuit for your children "the Indians' trail". The tribal chief welcomes your little ones and offers them a variety of activities and stories …
For mountain rescue enthusiasts: The Avalanch’ Camp are has plenty of surprises in store for you and in particular introduces you to the risks and techniques of mountain rescue, thanks to the valuable know-how of ski patrol teams.
Sources : Tourist office of Courchevel :www.courchevel.com